Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 was....

So I'm sitting here at my computer (what's new? haha). Thinking about what an insane year 2010 was and all of the new things it brought into my life. Insane doesn't even cover it...I don't think a word exists that explains what 2010 was for me...I wish I could make one up...but I can't think right now ;)
This time last year I would have NEVER guessed what 2010 had in store for me. I'm not sure I would have believed it if someone told me. It just doesn't seem possible. This time last year I was a full time college student, trying to figure out exactly what I was going to do with this life of mine. It would still be a few more months until I realized I had ALREADY started my career...and the search was over...and so was the continuation of my college education for the time-being. And there's so many more things that happened... In fact, I cant think of a better way to tell you what 2010 was like than in bullet point form. So here we go.

2010 was....

-The year I took responsibility for every aspect of my life and "became a big girl".
-More full of laughter than any other year.
-The year I interned with Sarah Barlow.
-The year I turned my passion/hobby into a career.
-An upward climb the entire way....
-The year of the most traveling I've done yet...6 flights in total.
-Blessed with so many great people.
-The year I quit my part time job to take on photography full time.
-The first chance I got to see that truly NOTHING is out of reach.
-The year I took quite a few chances....
-.....and inevitably fell down several times.........
-.....but the successes outweighed the failures.....
-.....And each mistake was a learning experience.
-The year I took on an intern of my own and discovered my own passion to teach, later down the road.
-The year I established my brand...then did it again...and am now working on my 3rd and "final" version of my brand.
-The year I learned that branding, as well as shooting, is a constant process and will continue to change over and over again.
-The year I made many friends. And thankfully lost none.
-A journey.
-The BEST year of my life so far.

I could go on and on...but I think you get the point ;) 2010 was crazy, amazing, intense, and soooo much more. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. If 2011 is half as good as 2010 was...I'll be one happy girl :)

And now I would like to close this up with a re-cap of some of my favorite photos from the year. If you've followed my blog over time or checked out my website, you've probably already seen all of these...and if that's the case don't feel obligated to look again if you're tired of the same thing ;) I LOVE posting new material, but this is my own personal little reflection on 2010 and what a truly amazing year it was. All of these pictures bring that back for me.





















































2 comments:

  1. I can say you are very good at what you do you should be very proud of your talent...I can see you have helped capture some of the most important moments in many people’s lives..I love how you do many different types of shots and are very creative when it comes to your work....It takes a lot of passion to capture a precious moment and you do that well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only am I so excited that you shot our wedding, but I'm so excited that our pictures are on your 2010 post, but I'm so excited that your my cuz! Keep doing what your doing and I know God will bless you more and more, if you thought 2010 was an amazing year wait until you see 2011, I know there are big things ahead for you!!!

    Love,

    Chad/Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete