Monday, May 9, 2011

"Have you ever worked with Justin Bieber?"-{My middle school career fair experience}

A few months ago, a staff member at the middle school I attended back in the day, asked me if I would like to be a guest at the career day they were having(The event was on Friday).


My Response: "Yes!"



This type of thing is so up my alley. First of all...I love to talk. And it's even cooler when I can talk about something I'm passionate about, like my business. Second...I love pushing people to follow their dreams. Too many people push away their true desires and settle into something "comfortable" and spend too much time regretting it. It makes me sad.



I knew that this whole career day experience would be SO worth it, If I could put the belief in even just one student that they can do what they want to. School doesn't tell them that, Society doesn't tell them that. I wanted to tell them.



Because let's be real....I started with NOTHING. Nada, zip, zero. No experience, No camera, No connections, No clue. This is not to say I am ANYWHERE near where I hope to be in the future, but I'm definitely miles ahead of the place I started. I wanted to tell them what I tell everyone..."If I can do it, you certainly can". Seriously.



After hearing about Celeste and her styling, the staff invited her along to have a booth of her own too. And the day wouldn't be complete without me bringing along Ty to help me answer all of the questions coming our way.



And oh boy did we get questions....



It was truly an eventful day and a one of a kind experience. I got to talk one-on-one with some of the students already showing a huge interest in photography who could very well be the prodigies of the industry for their generation. I also met many future vets, actresses, marine biologists, and surgeons!


I got a lot of serious questions, "What does it take to become a photographer?", "How much money do you make?", "How did you get started?"....



But we also got some questions that were totally unexpected and made us giggle, like these:



"Have you ever worked with Justin Bieber?"


"Can you take my picture? Right now?"



"Are you still gonna be in business when I get married?"



"Is that a real wedding? Are you sure, it looks fake"




Here is Ty and I at our table. I love the sign they made me and definitely kept it!



The lovely Celeste and I.






xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Awwwe our first career day. blogged forever in our hearts. Also, it gave us the inspiration for our next celeb look-a-like shoot! :))

    ReplyDelete