Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Marybeth and Dustin: Engaged.

I was so excited for this engagement session for many reasons. First, because Marybeth and Dustin chose the location themselves and I knew it was going to really bring them out to their full potential. Second, because believe it or not I had NEVER been to the beautiful Crestline mountains that are just a short 30 min drive from where I live and have pretty much lived my entire life thus far! I never knew what was hiding back there! The location where we shot is known for a perfectly shaped heart "bath" formed from years and years of water wearing away at the rock. It was such a wonderful secluded spot for a photoshoot and also a favorite hiking location of D&M(I'm just going to refer to Dustin and Marybeth as D&M, quicker to type and pretty cool sounding I think!). D&M were such troopers and went along with my every wish without the teeniest complaint. And did I mention that we got our exercise?? For some real entertainment, maybe later on I will show you the photos snapped by my assistant of me scaling rocks and crossing creeks trying to keep up with pro hikers D&M. Anyways, I had a blast working with D&M and I am so excited to shoot their wedding in August. Here are a few of my favorites of the day :)

Here is the famous heart! D&M said they had never seen it filled with flowers like this, guess I bring all the good luck with me ;)












I kept saying how cool it would be to have a ceremony out there and towards the end of the session, Dustin spotted the perfect wedding arch :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a cool location! I love the rock heart, the grass, the "arch". I can't even pick a favorite because they're all amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! :) & I love the rock heart, too!

    ReplyDelete